Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Big Day

A week ago Saturday, it was pretty warm (for Iowa in the Winter), and I used the opportunity for a Big Day.  30 minute swim, 3-hour trainer rides with my friends at the YMCA, and then an hour run with a reverse split in the 8:30/mi range.  Not too bad.  Felt great, if tired, by the end. 

Only a couple days days later did my quads let me know that this workout took a fair amount out of me. It was timed to be right before my recovery week, so I'm better by now, but that kind of feeling was a good reminder how I have to be careful in slowly cranking things up.

Yesterday was my long day of the recovery week.  Mellowed out. 30 min swim, 2.5 hour ride, and 30 minutes on a treadmill, instead of outside.  Still feel it a bit, but will be ready to go again next week. 

No comments: