Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sockless

Today I took the plunge.

I've never done a race without socks before.  Now, with Christopher breathing down my back at every race, maybe I need those extra 30 seconds!

We did a "fun race" today - the Iowa Games sprint triathlon.  Just a "train though" race, not even sanctioned by USAT.  He got 2nd his age group; I got 4th.  The only bad thing was that I took a spill on my bike.  The transition area for this race is horrible, and I got a rock in my cleat.  Right out of T1, there is a small but steep hill you have to climb, so as I clipped in (or so I thought), I had to power up.  The rock disagreed, and down I went.  Arrgh.  Just a few minor scrapes and a sore hip to show, but the rest of my race went fine (though I missed the podium by under a minute....wouldn't have if I hadn't fallen; oh well).

But other than that, the T1 was great.  In and out in 37 seconds!

No issues biking, no issues running.  Made sure to grease up my feet and shoes with body lube, and everything was good. 

I don't think I'll be doing any more sprint races this year, but now I'm not afraid.  That's a Good Thing.

No comments: