Friday, November 13, 2009

Bun-huggers

I haven't bought a pair of running shorts in at least 10 years.  Well, until a week or two ago.  I just seemed to have enough.  Two or three do the trick, especially when I have a supply of tights and tri shorts.  But my old standby shorts are losing their elasticity in the waist, and I'm running more frequently to prepare for Boston, so I wanted a new pair, and I bought a supposedly top end pair made by Asics.  They are comfy enough, but...

I am definitely not the skinniest guy in the world, but I usually wear 31 or 32 pants, and I bought the 32-34 sized shorts, since the size down was definitely too small (28-30 I think).  Thus the last thing I expected was a snug fit.  Since when do runners have no butts?  The liner in these things ... well, let's just say it's taking a little getting used to!  Didn't know my cheeks needed that much support when I ran!

I will say that the (one) pocket in the shorts is well placed and seemingly well made.  (But can't I have another???  Please???)

And finally, one request to all you running shorts manufacturers reading this:  Please, please, please figure out a way to make shorts that don't have a big, nasty, scratchy seam on the inside of my thighs!    I have enough to worry about already.  Or is my conspiracy theory correct?  That you and the makers of Body Glide are in on this together....

2 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Hahahahaha.....

Watch those seams - I have a pair of tri shorts/capris that, while at a short distance was fine, but after a 3 hr run left MAJOR burns on my bum. OUCH!

William Jenks said...

Exactly. Didn't notice it on the first couple uses; only when I went for a 15 miler. But now I'm on the alert!