Friday, January 2, 2009

Early swim

Swimming was the first thing my soon-to-be-14 year old son could beat me at all the time.

I got a grade 3 AC separation in my shoulder last spring, which did not do anything good for my already mediocre swimming.  I had tried to make a point last winter of getting better at it, and I had taken my 1000 yd time trial time down from 17:45 to 15:47 over the course of a few months before I hurt myself.

This past recovery week I did my first swimming TT of the season, and came in at a pretty respectable (for me) 16:34.  That's way ahead of where I was this time a year ago, but I think the "easy" time has come and gone.  We'll see how fast I can get on my new-and-not-improved shoulder.  I have signed up for a group swim workout, which starts in a week.  Maybe there will be some good stroke coaching to come from that.  We'll see.

Feeling optimistic.

No comments: